THE Kabaka of Buganda His Majesty Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II has lodged a case in the chief Magistrate’s court of Ssembabule Civil Suit no. 34 of 2020, summons extracted and served against stubborn Sembabule RDC Nickson Kabuye Nuwagaba in relation to grabbing Kabaka’s land located in Sembabule, Mawogola County.
Yesterday on Friday, State Minister for Lands Hon. Persis Namuganza who doubles as Bukono Constituency legislator travelled to Sembabule and wanted to demolish the structure illegally erected on Kabaka’s land but since the Kingdom had taken the matter to court, it could jeopardize the case.
In the meeting yesterday attended by Buganda Land Board (BLB) Managing Director Simon Kabogoza and Counsel Dan Ssenyomo, Hon. Namuganza instructed the Sembabule DPC to ensure that there is no more construction on Kabaka’s land until the case is determined.
RDC NUWAGABA TO SWEAT IN COURT
Together with the contractor Kakoni Holdings Uganda Ltd who are erecting a structure on Kabaka’s land and Sembabule District local government, RDC Nuwagaba has been instructed to file a defence in the said suit within fifteen (15) days from the date of service of summons in the manner prescribed under O. 9 of the Civil procedure Rules.
“Should you fail to file a Defence on or before the date mentioned, the Plaintiff (Kabaka) may proceed with the suit and judgment may be given in your absence.” Reads the summons to file a defence.
“This is given under hand and seal of Court this 29th day of April 2020” signed Chief Magistrate.
Aided by RDC Nuwagaba, Contractor Musa Kiberu’s Kanoni Holdings Uganda Ltd is defiantly constructing a district canteen on Kabaka’s land.
Attempts by Buganda Kingdom and Central Government to halt the illegal construction were deliberately defied prompting Kabaka to use legal means.
LANDS MINISTER NAMUGANZA TOUGH LETTER TO RDC NUWAGABA
On May 06th 2020, two days before Minister Namuganza travelled to Sembabule, she wrote a tough letter to RDC Nuwagaba over the Land dispute on Mawogola Saza Headquarters’ land returned to the Kabaka of Buganda.
Minister’s letter reads, “I had communicated to you earlier in my letter dated 23rd April 2020 on the above subject instructing that you should halt any constructioon the disputed land until this matter is resolved to its conclusion and a copy was given to District Police Commander to effect the same.”
However, State minister for Lands said, “It has come to my attention that these orders have not been respected instead you have ordered the party that is constructing to continue. This is misconduct and it portrays the bad spirit which does not help team work.”
“This is therefore to inform you that I will visit the locus personally on 8th May 2020 (yesterday) and indeed, she was in Sembabule by Midday on the same and stopped the construction.