● Pastors insist, they didnt vote for Odongo as General Overseer
● Rejects National Fellowship of Born-Again Pentecostal Churches’ elections
● ‘We do not belong to the culture of Sodomy. We do not belong to a political party, we belong to the Kingdom of God’, says Bishop Kyazze while giving acceptance Speech to lead new Fellowship
NEWS EDITOR MEDIA
IT’S NOW official, over 700 Born-Again Churches from all over Uganda have convened for a meeting and announced walking out of the National Fellowship of Born-Again Pentecostal Churches (NFBPC). They have cited failure by top leaders to uphold and follow the NFBPC constitution, frequent changes in the constitution without a proper quorum and mandate, especially by the members of the NEC who are the route whenever top leaders want to push some selfish agenda.
The breakaway churches say, they are fed up of high-handedness of the current General overseer (G.O) Joshua Lwere who runs the organization like a personal company and all leaders must be subjected to the will of Lwere, who seems to have political agendas to realize using NFBPC. They accuse him of fronting Moses Odongo for General Overseer so that he remains controlling NFBPC being that Odongo dances on Lwere’s tunes. They say, Lwere made sure unpopular Odongo wins an election on all costs although it needed rigging for him.
“The failure of NFBPC electoral commission to arrange transport for the delegates to have free and fair elections of the new General Overseer on March 16, 2023 gave the opportunity to wrong groups to unleash corrupt money again control of NFBPC. We can not continue subscribing to such a defunct Fellowship. We have moved out.” Said Pastor Livingstone Wagaba, while reading a statement detaling all the 14 reasons why over 700 churches have parted ways with troubled NFBPC.
This was during a meeting of pastors gathered at Omega International Ministries Headquaters at Omega Healing centre on Entebbe road to make a declaration of their present stand with regard to NFBPC and also beg Pastor Michael David Kyazze to lead a newly formed Born-Again Pentecostal Churches’ Fellowship.
While convincing Pr. Kyazze to embrace their walk-out, Pr. Wagaba referred to scriptural basis of their resolution. He said, “Psalms 11:3 reads, ‘If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?’, Genesis 13:7-14 says, ‘When Abraham and Lot can no longer peaceafully walk together because their herdsmen had quarrels; Abraham came up with a resolution to have them part ways in order to protect their brotherhood. And Acts 15:39 reads; ‘The apostles of Gentiles Paul and Barnabas agree to part ways and take up new missionary partners.”
For starters, about two weeks ago, NFBPC organised an election for the General Overseer which Pastors say was characterised by vote rigging and bribery in favour of Joshua Lwere’s candidate Bishop Moses Odongo.
Five candidates contested for this top job. Others were; Michael David Kyazze, Joseph Nsubuga, George Oduch and Fredrick Ssemazzi. Kyazze finished second according to the results declared by EC Chairperson Apostle Rogers Zziwa, which polls are highly contested by Pastors. Pastors say, voters’ register wasnt used during election, who ever had a tag or a small paper allegedly given by Chairman EC, was allowed to vote giving way to non delegates to cast votes! We shall come back to this in our next story!
FULL STATEMENT ABOUT WHY 700 BORN-AGAIN CHURCHES HAVE WALKED OUT OF NFBPC AS READ BY PR. WAGABA
Greetings in the name of our lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to the Lord forever more. This statement is intended to communicate the direction we have chosen to take following the unfortunate story of the 2023 NFBPC electoral process that culminated on March 16th 2023.
After taking some time in prayer and considerable thought, have come to a unified resolution to terminate our membership to the National fellowship of Born-Again Pentecostal churches (NFBPC). This unified resolution has been prompted by a careful refection on the present condition of NFBPC.
The events that transpired at Lugogo indoor stadium on the 16th of March, 2023 only proved to be the last nail in the coffin. This made us realize that NFBPC suffers a harlem of problems that do not allow us to continue belonging to it. Among these cancers are the following;
- The shady way in which NFBPC runs its day -to- day business. There are invisible hands pulling the strings so that members are being traded without their consent.
- Lack of clear management and stewardship of funds, most especially the funds that members commit to the organization through annual registration and others. There is no accountability for these whatsoever.
- Failure to uphold and follow the NFBPC constitution. Frequent changes in the constitution without a proper quorum and mandate, especially by the members of the NEC, are the route whenever top leaders want to push some selfish agenda.
- The high –handedness of the General overseer (G.O). The organization is run like a personal company and all are subjected to the will of the G.O., whoever seems to have political agendas to realize using NFBPC.
- The infiltration of politicians and the detrimental political inclinations of the fellowship leaders. The recent elections were run by biases to favor some candidates. The church was turned into a political arena instead of a spiritual one as candidates fronted their political bases.
- The infiltration of other interested non-members, such as security organs, into how the fellowship is run. There is no doubt that in the recent election non- members. were decisively involved.
- Internal organ strife between the Electoral Commission (EC), the National Executive Committee (NEC) and the Constitutional Review Commission (CRC). There is always ongoing strife within these internal organs which is still unresolved and continues to bother the members of the fellowship.
- The creation of ad-hoc quack committees like the House of Bishops (HOB). All these committees seek to serve the power-craving of one man, the incumbent G.O.
- The perpetual state of being a briefcase fellowship. The fellowship has been active for thirty years but it has no office / official address.
- No track of recorded inventory of assets in the last 30 years. There is a need for a comprehensive inventory asset report. For the member to know which asset belongs to the fellowship. This will clear all misconceptions and accountability.
- No track of the registered benefits of the members. There seems to be no benefits for the individual members, nothing to gain when you join and absolutely nothing to lose when you quit.
- The failure of the electoral commission to arrange transport for the delegates to have free and fair elections. This was overwhelmingly witnessed by everyone who was at the election ground on 16th March at lugogo grounds, MTN arena. It gave the opportunity to wrong groups to unleash corrupt money and gain control of NFBPC.
- The neglect of our Christian values which we highly esteem. Lack of ethics, transparency, and accountability.
- Lack of proper registration process with the government and for members.
KYAZZE BREAKS SILENCE SINCE SHAM GENERAL OVERSEER ELECTIONS
In his first ever reaction to the sham and facade General overseer elections, Pastor Kyazze who looked stronger and more determined assured breakaway churches how, “Our dream is a revival, sweeping this land and we being at the helm of this great revival.”
Amidst chants and applause from Pastors who went to Bishop Kyazze’s office to request him to lead the new Fellowship, the Omega Healing Ministries senior Pastor without mincing words said, “We do not belong to the culture of Sodomy. We do not belong to a political party, we belong to the Kingdom of God’, says Bishop Kyazze while giving acceptance Speech to lead new faction.”
In part II of this strory, we bring you full acceptance Speech of Dr. Michael David Kyazze to lead the new Born-Again Pentecostal Churches’Fellowship.
For views/comments on this story, Whatsapp editor on 0772 523 039