PHOTO: Frederick Lubwama
NEWS EDITOR MEDIA
FREDRICK Lubwama, an Industrial Chemist and a Petroleum engineering technologist by proffession who contested for Kawempe North MP seat in 2016 and narrowly lost to Hon. Latif Sebaggala Sengendo is back in the puzzle!
Exclusive information coming from Kamwokya, the opposition National Unity Platform (NUP) headquarters shows, party bosses are rolling heads on what can be done if government refuses to release Kawempe North Member of Parliament Muhammad Ssegirinya who was arrested alongside Makindye West MP Allan Ssewanyana commonly known as Bwiino. About six month ago, the two were aarested over six counts related to murder.
Also, rumour making rounds says, the two areated Members of Parliament Hon. Ssegirinya and Hon. Allan Ssewanyana might come out of prison with a new beat, not the renowned one of Mr. Update or Bwiino Ssewanyana.
This follows a recent press conference organised by Speaker of Parliament Rt. Hon. Annet Anita Among at Parliament and donated UGX 5M cash to Ssegirinya’s wife, another UGX 5M to Ssegirinya’s mum and UGX. 5M to Allan Ssewanyana’s wife.
There are fears that Ssegirinya and Allan Ssewanyana might take bitter pills and denounce NUP or activism for them to be pardoned by the powers that be.
NUP officials who talked to us but asked their names to be withheld told us, Speaker Anita Among and some NRM MPs like David Kabanda who is a President Museveni’s blue eyed boy seem to be very close to the two arrested MPs than officials from their party NUP.
“This is unbelievable. We were shocked to see wives of our comrades and Ssegirinya’s mother receiving money from Anita Among, in front of cameras without even notifying NUP. Yet when we went to Kigo that very day they went to Anita’s offie to reveive the money, one of those MPs stopped us from meeting his wife to deliver money for upkeep.” Said a top source in NUP, adding that, “Even that very wife has not been picking our phone calls yet for Anita Among, she picks. She even refused to show up at the NUP headquaters when leaders called her. We sometimes feel, something is not right with our colleagues.”
LOOKING FOR PLAN B
According to reliable information, party bosses are likely not to be waiting for more shocking news.
They are already identifying names of would be perfect substitutes and this investigative news website can exclusively confirm that of these, three names carry higher chances.
They includes former contestants Sulaiman Kidandala, Hon. Latif Sebaggala Ssengendo and former UYD dangerman Fredrick William Lubwama.
However, Lubwama is likely to beat the other two being that, Kidandala and Latif are taken to be prodigal sons who chose to defy the party directives when they were denied party flag in 2021 but the chose to run as independents.
After losing to NUP candidate, Kidandala went to court to nullify Ssegirinya’s victory saying he had no academic papers. Kidandala lost on technicalities. So his chances to be considered are very slim.
For Latif, he confused the party when he stood down for Ssegirinya, went for Lord mayor, jumped out of Lord mayor race, returned to contest for member of Parenament well knowing that party had already given flag to Ssegirinya.
NUP bosses, the two can nolonger be easily be sold to Kawempe North voters.
WHY FREDRICK LUBWAMA
It’s true he has never officially denounced his DP Party but he has been an ally to NUP.
In fact he was contacted last year to be NUP special envoy in the Diaspora due to his consistency in fighting for a democratic governance, human rights and rule of law.
We are told, Lubwana agreed to work with NUP although he insisted, wanted to concentrate on Kawempe North Politics.
His teams are already on ground strategising for 2026 polls.
On January 1st 2022, Fredrick Lubwama was invited by different groups of his supporters. They showed him support promising that at the right hour, they are ready to front their son of the soil.
NUP strategists must have got info that Fredrick is doing ground work and might be hard to break. Better to court and recruit him as their full General.
Not being a political armature, Mr. Lubwama is well traversed with the politics of Kawempe North, a constituency where he was born.
A well to do young man who is in politics not to look for a job or starting capital, he is a great mobilizer, well educated and can perfectly articulate issues on the floor of Parliament.
Asked what a person with well a paying job want in politics a dirty game, one of Mr. Lubwama supporter told this news website that, “It is his desire to transform Kawempe and continue with some of the development initiatives which he had started before he left Uganda for further studies. There is alot of things which can be done to uplift our society. We verily know the problems affecting not only Kawempe North but Uganda at large. We will offer ourselves to serve this country with one heart.”
FACTS ABOUT FRED LUBWAMA
● He is a born to Mr. and Mrs. DANIEL Mayombwe of Kitambuza Zone III , Kanyanya Parish, Kawempe Division. This is where he was raised from.
● Fred Lubwama studied from Bat Valley Primary School, went to Namilyango College, Caltec Academy, Makerere University, Aptec Worldwide School of Computing and Northern Alberta institute of technology.
● Married with four children
● He is an Industrial Chemist and a Petroleum engineering technologist by proffession.
● He works in the Oil and gas industry in Canada.
● By the time News Editor Media checked, Mr. Fred Lubwama was the President for all Ugandans living in Alberta, Canada.
● Previously, he served as the vice chairman UYD, Makerere University 2001-2002. He also served as the Campus affairs minister Makerere students Fuild, been a GRC member Makerere Students guild.
● Fred Lubwama has also served as the DP Secretary General sec for Kanyanya parish.
● He also served as the General Secretary Kampala District Youth Council, 2002 to 2008.
● In 2006, he contested against Latif Sebaggala for MP Kawempe North and narrowly lost.
● In mid 2008, Fredrick Lubega went to Canada to pursue further studies in the oil and gas sector. When he graduated, he had 3 companies offering him jobs in his field of expertise and he stayed.
Let’s watch the space!
For views/comments on this story, WhatsApp our editor on +256 772 523 039