THE world only needs urgent God’s intervention otherwise Coronavirus Pandemic is eating up country by country, latest, being our neighbours in Kenya and Rwanda under attack!
Yesterday, The Republic of Kenya supreme leader Uhuru Kenyatta ordered for closure of Universities, high schools and primary schools, all students directed back to their respective homes as new Covid – 19 cases are announced in this Country.
Addressing the Nation amidst this crisis, President Uhuru gave the following directives;
- Restrict travel to Kenya from all countries with reported Corona cases.
- Only Kenyan citizens to be allowed into Kenya provided they go to self quarantine or governmeng facility. In force for 30 days
- All persons that have come to Kenya in the last 14 days must self quarantine. If any person exhibits symptoms such as cough or fever they should present themselves to the nearest health facility for testing.
- We have suspended learning in all our education institutions with immediate effect. Consequently and to facilitate a phased approach, primary and secondary schools are to suspend operations from tomorrow (Monday). For those in boardinb schools, the school administration is to ensure that students are all home by Wednesday March 18th 2020 while Universities and Tertiary institutions, are yo close by Friday March 20th 2020.
- Where possible, Government offices, businesses and companies are encouraged to allown employees work from home with exception of employees working in critical or essential services.
- In order to avoid the risk of transmission through physical handling of money, we encourage the use of cash-less transaction such as mobile money, Pesa and credit cards. We appeal to mobile operators and banks to take note of the situation that we are in and reduce the costs of transaction during this period.
- In line with a durective to avoid crowdy places, citizens are encouraged to; (a) Avoid congregating including places of worship. (b) minimise attendance to social gatherings including wedding and funerals and restrict it to immediate family members. (c) we call for people to avoid crowdy places, including shopping malls and entertainment premises. (d) minimise congestion in public transport when ever possible. (e) Limitation of visitors to hospitalised patients in both public and private hospitals.dings, funerals
- Hospitals and malls encouraged to provide water, soap, sanitizers and ensure regular cleaning and disinfecting places.
UGANDA SCHOOLS BLOCK PARENTS
In Uganda, a section of boarding schools have cancelled visitation days and ordered parents to stay home until further notice.
On Saturday it was Mukwaya Preparatory School Kabojja visitation day but the school management sent communications to parents not to waste their time comming because they won’t be allowed in.
Here is the message sent to parents by Management Muwanga Preparatory School Kabojja on Thursday: “Dear parent/guardian, we regret to inform you that, after thorough consultations, our visiting day due this Saturday is here by postponed until further notice due to Coronavirus Pandemic. We regret the inconveniences caused”.
However other schools allowed parents to visit their children.